Worldwide Baseball Prospects - WBP™ is a baseball specific coaching and mentoring company which supports, motivates and educates prospective high school baseball players and their families with development and the college baseball recruiting process and with a individual recruiting plan of action for Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors.
This article is inspired by the thousands we talk to every year, parents, coaches and baseball players both professional and amateur and those interested in the game of baseball in some way or another. Often times you will hear both active and retired professional players young and old, as well as college players and coaches refer to the game of baseball as a great teacher of life. But what does that mean?
A Life is Not Important except for the Impact it has on other lives.
- Jackie Robinson
A mentor is someone who sees more talent and ability within you, than you see in yourself, and helps bring it out of you.
Author, Speaker and Success CoachI want my guys to be relentless in everthing they do, both on and off the field.
Gil Patterson, Big League Pitching Coach, Oakland A's,
Worldwide Baseball Prospects Mentor and CoachThere really are only two types of players metaphorically speaking, those who are on the field and those who are not.
-Worldwide Baseball ProspectsFundamentals don't age!
- NCAA Hall of Fame, Fresno St. Coach, Bob BennettThe first rule of FOCUS is wherever you are, be there!
- unknownSweat plus sacrifice equals success!
- Charlie FinleyIf you're out an inch, than your out a mile. But if your ON an inch your're ON a mile!
Do a little bit everyday!
- Worldwide Baseball ProspectsJust Do It
- Nike"Success is when countless hours of training meet up with one moment of opportunity."
- Brian Niswender, Former Arizona Diamondbacks Strength CoachConfidence. Concentration. Relaxation. Before a player picks up a ball, bat, or glove it is these three mental attributes that allow the physical gifts to flourish. Without confidence, you cant relax, without relaxation you can't concentrate. They all work hand in hand to put your mind in a position so the body can succeed.
- Kash Beauchamp, Professional ManagerA teacher is never too smart to learn from his pupils. But while runners differ, basic principles never change. So it's a matter of fitting your current practices to fit the event and the individual. See, what's good for you might not be worth a darn for the next guy.
- Bill Bowerman, Co-founder of Nike, IncVisualisation is the consistent element in relaxation, mental toughness, skill mastery and life.
- Ron Harvey former NY Yankees ScoutI like to tell my students and players that they should get an index card and write on it the following saying. What did I do today to make myself a better player? Did you take extra swings, eat healthy, take extra groundballs or throw a tennis ball off the wall 300 times? Get to bed, early lift. Do some vision training. Watch an MLB game on TV and guess the managers or base runners next move.
Anything you do to give you the edge is helping you achieve your goals.
If you go to bed with out doing something you are cheating yourself and missing out on the day that could make a difference.
- Professional Baseball Coach, Phillies Scout,
19 Yr. NCAA Head Coach, Chris McKnightThe reward doesn't come at the end of your journey, but rather, with little milestones throughout your journey, when you look back on your little accomplishments they make one great BIG one.
- Worldwide Baseball ProspectsDo-so" is more important than "say-so.
- Pete SeegerI've failed over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
- Michael JordanChampions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
- Muhammad AliJust keep going. Everybody gets better if they keep at it.
- Ted WilliamsTelling yourself that you are trying is admitting failure as an option. As the great philosopher Yoda said in the movie “Return of the Jedi” there is no try there is only do or not do.
- Doug Henson, DeMarini TOP 96Rome wasn't built in a day
- Le Proverbe au Vilain (c. 1190)Committment is or isn't
NCAA Hall of Fame Coach Bob Bennett